Jul 21, 2013

Socks again

I haven't been here in quite a while and also there was knitting no happening.

I made mostly small things like vanilla socks or a scarf. But I am planning to change that...

Here are two patterned pairs of socks, that I made recently:

Froot Loops

Froot Loops up close
These are the Froot Loop Socks by Kristi Geraci knit in Opal. I received this yarn in a yarn club done by Opal and really did not know what to do with it. These are so not my colors (the first picture is more accurate, the colors really pop!). But when I found the Froot Loop pattern on ravelry, I thought it was perfect for this yarn.

The second pair I knit are the Simple Skyp Socks by Adrienne Ku for the hubby. I thought he wouldn't like this yarn since there is purple in it but he fished it out of the yarn bin himself. The yarn is also Opal (from the same yarn club shipment).

Simple Skyp Socks
I really like this pattern, it is easy to memorize and fun to knit.

I have already cast on another pair of socks today (I want to reduce my sock wool stash, I still have some quite ... interesting ... colors from that Opal yarn club) and have gotten almost to the point where I turn the heel. The pattern is Nine-to-five socks by Nicole Hindes and I really like it so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment